Topics in Clinical Biosecurity: Bad Bugs
Listed below are all CBN articles on Bad Bugs published since 2005
- 06-24-2016: Facilitating Antibiotic Stewardship with Procalcitonin As antibiotic overuse becomes an increasing concern, a study tests procalcitonin to help discontinue antibiotics.
- 01/20/2012. Totally Drug Resistant Tuberculosis: The treatment of TB is complicated by drug resistance--first single drug resistance emerged, then MDR-TB in the 1990s, followed by XDR-TB in 2001, and TDR-TB in 2007. A recent report detailing 4 cases of TDR-TB in India is the third report since 2007.
- Airborne Spread of Clostridium difficile. May 13, 2010.
- Bad Bug II: Community Acquired Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus [CA-MRSA]. February 7, 2006.
- Bad Bug: The New Epidemic of Clostridium difficile. January 6, 2006.