Clinicians' Biosecurity News Archive: 2018
- 06-27-2018: Favipiravir Treatment of Lassa: A Broad-Spectrum RNA Antiviral A new report describes the apparent efficacy of a flu antiviral against Lassa.
- 06-05-2018: The Etiology of Sepsis in Uganda Understanding which infections make people critically ill is an essential task.
- 05-21-2018: The Essential Elements of Pandemic Pathogens We introduce here our new report on the characteristics of pathogens with pandemic potential
- 04-13-2018: Monkeypox: Spread in Nonendemic Countries We report on a large outbreak of monkeypox in Nigeria
- 03-13-2018: Modeling Smallpox in 2018: The Role of the Immunosuppressed Population If smallpox ever recurs, the Increasing percentage of immunocompromised Individuals could both amplify the death rate and complicate vaccination strategies.
- 01-26-2018: How Severe Is an Influenza Season? CDC has released a new methodology to assess and communicate the severity of flu seasons.
- 01-05-2018: Culture-Negative Septic Shock: Equally Deadly New research shows that the cause of sepsis is often unclear but the outcome is similar whether cultures are positive or not.